This Instructional Equity Workshop Series is provided by History UnErased and Boston Public Schools to prepare K-12 educators to proficiently and confidently introduce LGBTQ+ history and academic content within core subjects.
This is the long-awaited introduction to what, where and how to infuse LGBTQ+ history and academic content. Topics include:
- Rationale for LGBTQ+ inclusive curricula
- Overview of LGBTQ+ history
- Inquiry-based exploration of the American civil rights movement through an LGBTQ+ lens
- Access points in core content to infuse LGBTQ+ topics
- Methods and strategies to introduce LGBTQ+ content
- Introduction to queer theory
- Evolving language connected to the LGBTQ community
No cost to register. Limited space available – submit your registration today!